Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Dark Knight



Blown away. Extraordinary. Epic. Phenomenal. Need I say more? This film has a little bit of everything and more: action, drama, thriller, superhero, romance, and just down right awesome! The Dark Knight is definitely to-date, the best "super-hero" movie my eyes have yet to witness. This film is in its own category, and nothing has yet to come close to the supremacy of The Dark Knight.

How can I even begin to describe The Dark Knight? This film just totally blows out every other super-hero movie ever made. It's epic, fantastic, on the edge-of-your-seat thrilling! I believe that it is truly one of the best films of all time, and most of the world's population would agree.

The first thing that I admire about this film is that it isn't a predictable film at all. It always leaves you questioning what's about to happen and keeps you wanting to know more. Whenever I thought a particular thing would happen, I was completely taken by surprise. Most superhero films in the past were extremely predictable; the same chronology of events can always be seen-bad guy wrecks havoc, good guy saves the day and gets the girl. The end. This is not at all the case in The Dark Knight.
For example, whenever everybody was under the impression that Gordon had been killed by the Joker at the parade, everyone gets blown away when he comes back from hiding to reveal himself capturing the Joker. I would have never suspected that at all! I thought he was dead and done for.
I absolutely love how Chris Nolan used the element of surprise in this film. It always left you guessing and on the edge of your seat!

The story line was incredible. It amazes me how this entire idea was all devised and invented within the mind of Chris Nolan. He has some imagination! What I liked the most about the movie is that it had a real-life possibility to it, as in it seemed like it could actually happen in reality. It wasn't at all your usual super-hero film. It involved mobs, anarchy, vigilantism, police and things that have problems in reality. I love how they incorporated Batman and the Joker into the mix of all these real life dilemmas.
I also like how they molded the character of the Joker, the twisted and psychotic genius villain. His mission was not to kill his opponent or to actually take over a city. His sole purpose was to pin everybody against everybody and send Gotham into spiraling chaos and anarchy. He got into people's minds and even got the most noblest of people to fall, such as Harvey Dent.
I also loved the internal struggle that Batman/Bruce Wayne faces: he is torn between the duty to protect the city from this madman, but his very actions are what hurting people and in so, damaging him, as well. I just can't describe enough how excellent this film was!
The entire knitting of the film is remarkable. The aspect of the film is just incredible and simply just has an amazing story line that blows me away.

I love how they ended The Dark Knight to set up the next film. Gotham is literally in chaos, Gotham's finest have fallen, and Bruce Wayne finds himself fighting an internal conflict as the entire city points the finger of blame at Batman. It was a bittersweet and rather depressing ending, but a fantastic ending it was!
The entire film was prodigious and there is nothing negative I can say about it at all!

The acting was phenomenal. Christian Bale was flawless as the tormented Bruce Wayne and delivered an outstanding performance.
Heath Ledge blew me away. This was such a dark and challenging role to take on, and he could not have done it any better. It was absolutely amazing how he tackled the Joker, and I wish I had more to say but I can't form into words how awesome his performance was!!
Micheal Caine, Gary Oldman, Aaron Eckhart, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Morgan Freeman also delivered fantastic performances. I personally feel that Gyllenhaal was a much more suited Rachael Dawes then Katie Holmes. Nevertheless, she performed exellently. They all did stupendous performances.
I was very impressed with Aaron Eckhart as the D.A. Harvery Dent. He was an excellent selection for this role and did a great job; he turned from being the noble leader to a twisted and bent on revenge "two-face."
Quick fact: I like how they did Two-Face and Joker in the film. I liked how you really don't know how Joker came to look as he did, especially the scar indented to resemble a smile.
I love how they still incopporated Two-Face's coin into the film, which actually worked very well into the film with a burnt side and a normal side! Fantastic! I also like how he became Two-Face with half his face consumed by burnt flesh and bone. Much better than the dipiction of Two-Face in the '90s.

I am a big fan of Gary Oldman & Michael Caine from previous films, and like the others, did not disappoint me at all!

Bottom line: this film cannot be compared to any other film every made! It has everything that any person of any movie taste will enjoy. It is just an incredible film that happens to be my favorite movie!
Warner Brothers-there are high expectations for this next sequel, and will be quite an obstacle to top The Dark Knight, but anything is possible and I wait in eager expectation for its premiere in 2012!! This film towers high above all other superhero movies!! I wish I had more to say on this film, but it is hard to form into words how epically awesome this movie is!! Go watch it!

A+

1 comment: