Thursday, October 6, 2011

Courageous


WOW. Talk about a roller coaster of a movie; never in all my life have I seen a film that made someone reach for their tissues and then twenty seconds later make them roll in their seat with hysterical laughter. The drama of this film was intense, far more than I expected. The humor was well-balanced out that made my stomach hurt from laughing, and the spiritual message that all people can take out of this fantastic movie is amazing.

I don't want to give the movie away, but the movie follows the lives of four police officers and another man who is struggling to provide, and how they try to live their lives as fathers. When an unexpected tragedy falls upon one of the officers, he is forced to come to terms with how he has been leading in his house as a man of God for his children and family. This also entangles the other men along the way, and how their seperate circumstances cause them to make difficult choices, and how in the end, God does answer prayers and all men are called to be leaders in their families.
This movie is AMAZING. I absolutely loved it! There is nothing wrong with Courageous at all. It has everything that someone craves in a film; it pulls at your heartstrings, then aims for your funny bone, and gives you the chills that erupt down your spine. Ok, so that last sentence was a little cheesy, but nevermind my bad jokes. This film company has came out with some of the best films our generation has seen; Facing the Giants, Fireproof, and now this....simply phenomenal.
I absolutely love how we are finally introducing Godly movies into society, which are desperately needed, if you haven't noticed. I just simply adored this film. AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME.
The intensity of this movie starts from the very beginning and doesn't stop till the end. You never know where this film will take you next. You emphasize for the characters, and you can really relate and feel their emotions and feelings. Gosh. I wish I had more to say.

This will slightly give away the movie, but I think that the movie could have added another aspect of the movie to enhance the overall theme. When one of the officers experiences tragedy, he goes through a time of confusion and hurt. Perhaps he could have ventured out to find the man who caused the tragedy (who I believe they mentioned he was still alive) and gotten some closure? I think that would have fitted nicely into the movie, but the film itself is amazing.

HILARIOUS. AMAZING. PHENOMENAL. Need I say more? I will quit talking now. Go see Courageous and be absoultely moved and inspired. This movie is really directed towards men and how they are meant and designed to be the spirtual leaders of the family, so I recommend ALL men going to see it. And while you are at it, bring a box of tissues with you.....Can't wait to see what other movies this company will produce in later years. They truly are changing the world.
God Bless!!!!!!!!!!

A+

No comments:

Post a Comment